*This post contains an affiliate discount code. Click here to read my disclaimer if you want to know more about what this means.
Leaving the house for me usually involves twenty minutes of leaving and then re-entering my room to grab that ‘one last thing’ I almost forgot. Followed by a rushed walk to my lectures and frantic bag-scrambling only to realise I’ve left my memory stick on my desk. Again. This situation may sound very familiar to a lot of fellow students, or just anyone who has somewhere to be on a daily basis.
Organisation has never been a strong suit for me, and when I do manage to get my shit together it’s over within a week. I can’t even begin to tell you how many new years resolutions have been wasting on trying to get more organised! Luckily, I’ve slowly managed to implement some changes into my daily routine to ensure everything runs smoothly.
These aren’t immediately life-changing organisational tips, I won’t lie. But they are small changes that, when implemented, can make the world of difference.
1. Preparation is key! // *Cue flashback to my mum nagging at me to pack my schoolbag the night before*. As much as I hate to admit it, my mum was onto something here. Getting my bag and outfit ready the night before saves me a good 30-45 minutes the next day.
2. Lists, lists, lists // Nothing kick starts me into organisation like a good list. There’s always that really satisfying feeling whenever you tick another item off. I recommend creating separate weekly and daily checklists to help break-up the workload. I keep all my lists inside my 2019 page-a-day Diary so I can keep everything together in one place.
3. De-clutter // “Tidy house, tidy mind.” There really is a lot of sense behind that saying. A messy work/home environment can have negative affects on our minds and our ability to be productive.
4. Start small // Implementing little things into your daily routine can make life a lot easier. For example, I try to remember to make my bed each morning before setting my intentions for the day. What do I want to achieve? What do I need to do first in order to get there? Over time, these little rituals will become second nature and you’ll have made a real difference in your organisational habits.
5. Using a watch // I’ve found that investing in a good watch can make the world of difference. It increases productivity by eliminating constant phone-checking (something I’m very guilty of!). I dread to think how many hours I’ve wasted to ‘checking the time’ on my phone. I also think it goes without saying that a watch makes for a super cute accessory.
My favourite watch is the Rose Gold Havana from Capitola Watches. The cool blue velvet strap is a very universal colour and works well with my pale skin tone. I also think the rose gold gives more of a sophisticated detail.
Capitola Watches have been kind enough to provide me with a 15% off discount code which can be used when purchasing any products from their site.
Use the code ELENMAI15 at Capitola Watches to get 15% off your order!
Hello! I'm Elen Mai, the brains behind Welsh Wanderer and 20-something human biology student from (you guessed it) Wales! Here you'll find everything from sustainable living edits to hotel reviews and travel tips. Enjoy! x