Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hotel & Spa | Mini Break

Albrighton Hall Mirror Selfie

Idyllic country setting, indoor heated pool, and original 1630’s bar. It’s everything you could want from a country manor house and more. Welcome to the Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hotel & Spa. This 18th century manor house oozes opulence and is a short 2.5 miles from the Shrewsbury town centre.  Not being one for the hustle and bustle of a city break, this was the perfect fit.

I first heard of Albrighton Hall after a quick Google search led me to Accor Hotels. Accor Hotels is an online booking site that allows you to find “the finest hotels at the best prices”. Their hotel categories include Economic, Midscale, Premium, and Luxury. It’s also worth noting that you get 10% off your booking when you register as a member and book through their website. (This post is not sponsored I just really like the website and find it super helpful).

The only downside in my experience was that I didn’t realise how far away Albrighton Hall is from the town centre. It was roughly £8 per taxi to/from the hotel to the town. If you don’t have a car (like me) I’d definitely take that into consideration as it can get quite expensive!

The Room

I booked into the Privilege Double Room, which comes with complimentary dressing gowns, soft drinks, chocolates, and a Nespresso coffee machine! At any other time I would’ve booked into the Superior Double Room, however this was a one-off getaway, so I opted for something a bit more special.

Is it just me who’s obsessed with hotel toiletries?

The room itself was incredibly spacious and modern, with a wide array of Mercure Hotel toiletries in the bathroom including a conditioning shampoo, shower gel, vanity set, shoe shine sponge, shower cap, toothbrush, mini toothpaste, body lotion, and hand soap. They supply you with anything you could possibly need for a weekend stay.

The room was very light and airy – perfect for winding down and relaxing after a 2 hour train journey. The complimentary chocolates definitely didn’t last long! They were a lovely touch to the room and were very much appreciated.

While the room itself was very bright and modernised, the original features of the hotel weren’t completely lost. The communal hotel rooms such as the dining room and coffee lounge all beautifully reflected the building’s past.

Albrighton Hall Coffee Lounge

Albrighton Hall lake Albrighton Hall Hotel View Albrighton Hall Hotel View

With the Privilege Double Room, you also get a room with a view. The room overlooked the beautiful lake on the hotel grounds. Sadly, the weather didn’t cooperate too well but it was still stunning all the same. I imagine that during sunnier months the grounds look absolutely fantastic.

It’d be perfect to sit out with a glass of wine during the sunset in August overlooking the lake.

The Facilities

Albrighton Hall Pool Changing Rooms Albrighton Hall Locker Albrighton Hall Changing Room Mirror

I couldn’t spend two nights in a spa without checking out their pool and sauna facilities could I? The changing rooms were absolutely huge and had the most aesthetically pleasing mirrors I’ve ever seen! It was a real dressing table setup and I’ve been obsessing over it for quite a while now.

Something that I didn’t know was that the sauna in Albrighton Hall is actually a thermal suite. This was a room with five different saunas that all branched off from the centre! The five saunas included; dry, ice, biothermal, aromatherapy, and a steam room. At first I was a little apprehensive about the ice sauna but it was surprisingly refreshing after making my rounds of the warmer saunas!

Unfortunately I didn’t get any photos of the pool or the saunas, but you can check them out over on the Albrighton Hall website.

The Address

Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa

Ellesmere Road

Albrighton

SY4 3AG

Will you be booking a stay at the Albrighton Hotel soon? Let me know what your thoughts are in the comments below!

Share:
18 comments so far.

18 responses to “Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hotel & Spa | Mini Break”

1. Chloe says:

Wow this looks so pretty, I could definitely do with a spa day right now! It’s so nice how they have you lots of toiletries and the added little touches, it’s things like that that really make the difference! Looks like you had a relaxing time! X

2. Soph says:

This place looks absolutely gorgeous! I’ve only stayed in a Mercure in London but that one was really nice too. It’s a shame that you had to rely on taxis, proximity to where we want to be is one of the first things I consider now after being caught out like this before!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

• It was a truly fantastic experience – but it was a shame about the taxi situation. While we didn’t mind too much it was a bit of a pain to have to adjust our plans around taxis and public transport. I’ll definitely take it into consideration on our next trip – live and learn! Thank you so much for reading.
      El x

3. Leigh says:

Oh my goodness this is so picture perfect! The room and facilities look beautiful, I am definitely one for taking home some of the complimentary items I love it! This has made me want to book a spa weekend so much! Hope you had a lovely time Xx

4. This sounds beautiful! I love these sorts of places especially with a bit of character! The little welcoming treats always make the stay better. I love a little retreat and this seems perfect. Great review xo

5. This looks gorgeous! I love the mix of the more modern rooms but traditional features elsewhere in the hotel x

Sophie

6. Patty says:

Oooh that looks fantastic! I love the traditional style, it looks so inviting. It must have been lovely to great yourself with a relaxing weekend at this place!

Patty x | https://www.pattycular.com

7. Lena Dee says:

OMG! Everything about this post is gorgeous! Your pics are so nice and this spa looks banging!! lol honestly it’s reminding me that I’m due for a nice spa date treat to myself. I’m glad you had a lovely experience, it looks like the total tranquility spot! xx

xx Lena | https://lenadeexo.com

8. Michelle says:

How lovely, I’ve just been to a spa today but we didn’t stay over just there for a few hours. I just love a good spa, if you’re ever up the north east try Wynward Hall it sounds a lot like this spa and it’s definitely the best one I’ve been too.

Shelly’s Passport

9. Kim says:

This hotel looks stunning! I love the mix of modern (the rooms) with the traditional (the lobby etc), and that sauna sounds perfect. I love steam rooms and was lucky enough to visit Thermae Bath Spa’s aromatherapy ones once. I’m glad you had a great hotel stay.

• Totally! I loved the mix of the old and the new, it was the perfect balance. That sounds like an amazing experience – I absolutely adore a good spa. Thanks for reading!
      El xx